Community Emergency Response Team Training
The Summit County Community Emergency Response Team Training (CERT) program has been developed by the Summit County Emergency Management Agency and The American Red Cross Summit County Chapter to better prepare individuals and families of Summit County in the event of manmade or natural disasters. This free course includes disaster preparedness activities as well as fire safety information.
1. Identifying potential hazards in the home and workplace.
2. Developing plans to prepare families, businesses for disasters.
3. Learning skills to help until professional responders arrive.
4. Developing fire safety skills.
5. Identifying hazardous materials.
6. Understanding the psychological impact to disaster victims.
7. American Red Cross CPR, AED, First Aid.
8. Community Anti-Terrorism Awareness (CAT Eyes).
To become a CERT volunteer, please contact:
Summit County Health District
1867 W Market Street
Akron, Ohio 44313