Since 2020, states have not been required to conduct eligibility determinations for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), known in Ohio as the Healthy Start Program, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning April 1, 2023, these redeterminations will resume. Over the next 12 months, Medicaid and CHIP clients will be contacted by Job and Family Services to determine their eligibility for the program.
Unwinding Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The County is offering a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document that contains information clients will need to ensure they can easily navigate the unwinding process. It contains information for individuals and families who may no longer be eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, including how to apply for an Affordable Care Act plan on the Health Insurance Marketplace. It also warns clients of Medicaid unwinding scams and how to report scams if they are contacted by a suspicious actor. The FAQ is available in English, Spanish, Nepali, Burmese, Karen and Arabic.
How to Contact Job and Family Services or Ohio Medicaid
Call the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline at 1-800-324-8680.
Call Summit County Department of Job and Family Services at 844-640-6446.
Visit https://ssp.benefits.ohio.gov/ to use the Ohio Benefits Self-Service Portal.
- Medicaid Unwinding Press Release (English) (PDF, 127.7k)
- Medicaid Unwinding Press Release (Arabic) (PDF, 253.3k)
- Medicaid Unwinding Press Release (Burmese) (PDF, 168.6k)
- Medicaid Unwinding Press Release (Karen) (PDF, 190.0k)
- Medicaid Unwinding Press Release (Nepali) (PDF, 192.8k)
- Medicaid Unwinding Press Release (Spanish) (PDF, 128.2k)