Greater Good Program
Summit County Animal Control has teamed up with Greater Good Charities and the GOODS Program. Thanks to this partnership, we are able to bring low-cost pet food and litter to the area, allowing rescues and pantries to stretch their dollars further and impact even more pets and people. Food and supplies are donated by the truckload from gracious donors, shipped to our partner warehouse and later distributed to qualified GOODS Program recipients for a minimal handling fee. Animal Control is working with local partner, Peanut’s Pet Pantry, to distribute the food.
To participate, organizations must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a 501(c) 3 organization in good standing or a municipal/county shelter.
- Provide a website including the organization’s mission (Facebook is not sufficient).
- Have a profile on Guidestar.
- If shelter, rescue or sanctuary: List adoptable pets online and spay/neuter all animals prior to adoption.
- If sanctuary: Agree to a site visit.
Learn more about Great Good Charities and the GOODS Program at:
- Greater Good Application (Link)